LifePoint Career Institute
Hands-on & classroom job training for adults
LifePoint Career Institute offers training and tutoring to students to prepare them for work in the hospitality and healthcare fields. Our Jacksonville Hospitality Institute is licensed by the State of Florida’s Department of Education. We also offer tutoring for those interested in becoming nursing assistants. Sessions are taught in our renovated classrooms at the Weaver Center for Community Outreach.
Jacksonville Hospitality Institute (JHI)
- Offers a 10-week job training program to unemployed or under-employed adults
- Utilizes curriculum written by the American Hotel and Lodging Association
- Hands-on and classroom instruction on hospitality skills
- Training includes customer service, travel & tourism, food & beverage and rooms division
- Life-skills component helps prepare students to be successful and maintain employment once hired.
- Students receive certification through the American Hotel & Lodging Association
- Licensed by Florida Department of Education Commission for Independent Education, License #4454
Nursing Assistant Tutoring Program
This 10-week tutoring program focuses on theory and clinical instructions to prepare students to register for the Florida CNA Certification Exam* through the Florida Department of Health.
LifePoint graduate Khalinah Brown says: “The experience was very inspirational. I am thankful for the support from my classmates, my family, and God. I’m thankful to my instructor for pushing me.”
* Students are responsible for certification exam, level II background check and associated fees.
Urban farming - Aquaponics
We have recently launched an aquaponics training facility at the Weaver Center for Community Outreach. The agribusiness functions around state-of-the-art climate resilient greenhouse farming in areas that import nearly all of their food.
We welcome donations to support adding aquaponics to our LifePoint curriculum.
For more information, contact Bobby Lee.
“Sponsored by FreshMinistries, Inc., LSF Health Systems LLC, and State of Florida, Department of
Children and Families.”